Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little Annoyances... A Lot of Patience.

In the short time that I've been at Virginia Tech, I've begun to pick up on small things that annoy me.
Here is the list that I've created so far:

Leggings: Who created the trend of wearing leggings and ONLY leggings with just a tee shirt or sweatshirt? What a horrible, unflattering fashion statement.

The Math Emporium: A learning environment that is has the same wall decor as a hospital does not stimulate the students' minds.

Last, but certainly not least:
Skateboarders/Bicyclist/Unicyclists (Yes, unicyclists are more popular than you might think): The sidewalks are not your own personal race track. If you have a need for speed, please look into the Indy 500, not the pedestrian cross walks.

Now don't get me wrong, I love most everything about Virginia Tech, but it is just these few annoyances that sometimes get under my skin.

I've realized that this situation can be compared with working around people. Just because there may be a few annoyances in a relationship or friendship doesn't mean that it's destined to come to a screeching halt, it just means that you have to take the time to work on your problems in order to become more efficient.

I also realize that to someone, I might be that slight annoyance that I see in other people. I know that I try to not be annoying, but maybe it's part of my personality and I don't even know that it's annoying to other people. I would want to know if I was!

So I try to take that same approach with people, especially living in close proximately to so many students in my dorm.  I feel like being direct, in a a kind manner, is beneficial for all!

However, for these other annoyances, leggings with tee shirts, the bland colors of the math empo, and the skateboarders who continually try to see how close they can get to me before swerving, I guess I will just have to implement a little bit of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment